Recent Arbitrator/Mediator/Consultant Experience
- Appointed as party nominated arbitrator in Hong Kong International Arbitration Center dispute involving bitcoin mining. In excess of $10 million at issue. Hong Kong law governs.
- Named as party nominated arbitrator in ad hoc arbitration involving sales of high tech equipment by large US company to government in the Middle East. Amount at issue TBD. New York governing law.
- Served as expert witness in ICC case involving sale of satellite telecommunications capacity. In excess of $10 million at issue. Complete victory (including award of costs) for party who appointed me. My testimony was key determinant in arbitrator’s decision. Hawaii/US Government Contracts law.
- Appointed as emergency arbitrator by AAA/ICDR in case involving software licensing and franchising issues involving U.S. and Indian parties.
- Acted as expert witness on handling of proprietary information in an injunctive and damages case in the Federal District Court in the Eastern District of Virginia.Appointed as arbitrator in ICDR case involving dispute between a large international satellite operator and its insurers over denial of coverage on a satellite which is performing less than specification. Approximately $20 million at issue. New York governing law.
Illustrative Experience as Counsel
Steve’s extensive experience at Lockheed Martin and in private practice following his early retirement has included litigated/arbitrated and mediated matters involving:
- Breach of high tech contracts*
- Transactions including acquisitions and divestitures
- Formation and oversight of joint ventures involving U.S. and non-U.S parties*
- Commercial and government satellites for US and non-US customers*
- Commercial and government launch services for US and non-US customers*
- Software development and distribution*
- Insurance negotiation and recovery*
- Theft of trade secrets including civil RICO claims
- National Security involving classified and non-classified technologies
- Antitrust matters and clearances with U.S. and foreign regulators
- Environmental issues and toxic tort litigation
- IP/patent issues and litigation
- Data rights issues
- Fraud/white collar
- Executive employment disputes
- Labor and Employment disputes including class actions*
- Charging of costs under government and commercial contracts*
- Internal Investigations
*involved mediations and/or arbitrations